360 Worship

Worship from every direction

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer of Discipline: Health

Pin It
The Summer of Discipline just started 4 days ago but It's going strong already!  One of my focuses, and to be honest, what started my thought process of this discipline journey, is my health...

2 Weeks ago and stood on the scale for the 1st time in a year and half.  I new it was going to be bad. I was actually ashamed when I saw the scale real 209 pounds. That's the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I've definitely not being taking care of my body, God's temple.

Being a 360 Worship Leader means leading worship in every part of your life... My health has been a place where God hasn't been receiving honor... This was obvious to me as I stared down at the scale.  ...So let's change.


I now, as I write this, weigh 197.2 Pounds. In 2 weeks a simple addition of discipline to my diet has taken of some weight. Let's here it for discipline.

I haven't reached my goal yet... I want to weigh 180, but more specifically not feel like a pudgy white dude. (Not sure why I put white dude in there... this has nothing to do with race...)

TOOLS
I have 1 tool that I have used and will continue to use.  MY FITNESS PAL

It is a great website and iPhone app that serves as a Meal Diary, Calorie Counter, Exercise journal, and more.  It even has some built in Social Media where I can connect with friends who are also trying to lose weight.  They see when I lose weight and I see when they do as well.

I entered in my info..  Height, Weight, Age, lifestyle activity, etc...  And my fitness pal told me how many Calories I should eat a day in order to lose 2 pounds a week. Pretty simple.

So I'm well on my way to my goal...




  • Anyone out there want to join me in Health Discipline?
Feel free to find me on My Fitness Pal.  Look for drflu

0 comments:

Post a Comment