360 Worship

Worship from every direction

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Emergency Room Worship

Pin It
Good morning.  It's Sunday, January 5th 2014 at 4:30am.  I am at the Medical City Children's Hospital Emergency Room waiting area.  5 month old Hudson is having trouble breathing with some sort of croup.

I take my sleep on a saturday night very seriously. I know I have a long day with 3 services in 3 different cities staring me in the face. I try not to let anything get in the way of a good night sleep... but here I am. And that is ok.

There are 2 kind of things.  Things that matter and things that don't.  This is something that matters!  It matters to my wife, it matters to Hudson, and it definitely matters to me to be by their side.


I'm going to find a way to do ministry today if possible, but only after I have taken care of my family. This isn't selfishness, but an act of worship!

1 Timothy 5:8 (ASV)  But if any provideth not for his own, and specially his own household, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever.

This is an area of weakness for me.  I have on occasion given my family what was left over after I had given a lion's share worth of time, focus, passion, energy to ministry. They shouldn't get what is left over. I don't think that honors God.  I don't think that is 360 worship leader in my family.

If we are not actively loving God through loving our families, then that is area where we aren't leading worship. That would be an area where God is not truly honored.

I find this counter intuitive, because somewhere in my mind I have the broken thought that working in church/ministry is the SINGULAR way to serve the Lord.  It is merely one aspect of my service to God.  If I am not careful I will only worship God from one area or direction in my life.  My worship to Jesus should come from every direction of my life, all 360 degrees.  

Great Hospital btw
So here I am. Worshiping from the ER. This could be some of the best worship I give the Lord today. (Things seem to be ok by the way - Just looking to get a breathing treatment.  This is a great Hospital!!) 



Isn't it cool that we can Worship God in every area and direction of Life! God you're the best!!

  • What are you doing to worship God through caring for your family?

0 comments:

Post a Comment