360 Worship

Worship from every direction

Saturday, February 9, 2013

From worship pastor to lead pastor

Pin It

So i haven't written in a while... while there is never a good reason for that, I do have my reasons...


I have been working full time in worship ministry since 2001. It's been an amazing adventure learning to trust God and lead people.

I have served Redemption Church of Plano, Tx as Worship Pastor since the summer of 2006. I have cherished every moment... even the most difficult moments. I have worked with amazing teams of Christians who humble and inspire me. 

In April of 2012 Redemption's lead pastor & founder resigned suddenly and unexpectedly. I will always look back fondly on my time working with Kevin. I learned a lot and he always welcomed me to work closely with him as we served an amazing church.

Over the last few years i felt a growing responsibility and burden for the people of Redemption Church. This feeling escalated at the news of Redemption's founding pastor's resignation. On December 30, 2012 I was elected to be lead pastor of Redemption Church. I am honored to lead such a great group of people...

What about worship leading?  I have been asked that by everyone and rightly so... a large part of my ministry identity has been in the area of leading worship in a musical context.

I am in the process of giving up most of my responsibilities in the are of worship. We are blessed to have some capable worship leaders on our team that stepping up in my absence.

Will I miss worship pastoring?
Yes. I will do my best to keep my musical skills and continue writing. I will have some input in the worship, but will try to leave plenty of space for the next leader of that ministry to operate.
I'm very excited to see what God does at RC. I'm humbled that God would allow me to play a role in His church.

0 comments:

Post a Comment